High speed train tickets are on sale 15 days prior to travel day. This is 30 days for main line tickets.
Regional train tickets are only sold on the day of travel at stations with a few exceptions.
Tickets are sold until 5 minutes before departure at stations.
Payment with credit card is possible.
You need to declare your gender on buying the ticket. In case of wrong declaration, you may be forced to change seat, pay additional fare or take off the train.
Here below are alternatives to buy a train ticket:
- Internet: Electronic passenger ticketing system (EYBIS). English available.
- Kiosks (Trenmatik): Click for station list with kiosks.
- Call Center: 444 82 33. English-speaking staff is available. Calling with country code (+90) is not possible.
- Train Stations: Click for the full list of train stations with ticket offices.
- Post Offices: Click for the full list of post offices where train tickets are sold.
E-tickets (via internet, mobile, call center)
SMS or mail prints of tickets are valid if sold via internet, mobile or call center. For high speed trains, IDs are even enough to get on the train.
E-tickets are available until 15 minutes before departure.
High speed and main line tickets are only valid on the mentioned date, train, wagon and seat number with a few exceptions of unnumbered sales for specific wagons in main lines.
Regional trains are only valid on the day ticket sold.
Change/refund policy is as follows:
|Type of train||Type of ticket||Change policy||Refund policy|
|Regional train tickets||–||–||–|
|Main line tickets||–||Possible (upto 3 times)||Possible|
|High speed train tickets||Promotion*||–||–|
|Flexible*||Possible (upto 3 times)||Possible|
Change/refund, if permitted, can be done 30 minutes prior to departure (15 minutes at departure station).
Refund, if permitted, is paid back with %10 cut before departure date and 20% cut on the day of departure.
In case of missing connected trains due to TCDD trains, change/refund is accepted in all types of trains with no cuts.
TCDD offers discount for:
- Return tickets
- Children, youth and senior
Children upto 6 years old are free of charge provided that no seat is requested.
Click for discount rates.
TCDD offers also travel passes (TrenKart) for frequent-travelers. There are three types of travel passes: Abonman, binis paketi and gezgin paketi:
- Abonman is for travellers who are travelling between two stations by main line/regional trains on daily basis (like for going to work everyday).
- Binis paketi is for travellers who are travelling between two stations by high speed trains very frequently (at least 5 times in 2 months).
- Gezgin paketi is for travellers who’d like to travel in all trains of Turkey during 15 or 30 days. This pass is not for sale as of December 2017.
Read more for more details about TCDD travel pass at Rail Turkey.
Cover photo by Onur Uysal