Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of international train running between Halkalı and Bucharest:
This page is expired. Please check our new travel pages for up-to-date information: Bosphor Express
Bosphor Express (Bucharest Istanbul train) travel info
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? TCDD electric loco + CFR passenger coaches
- What options I have? Couchette (4 persons) + sleeper (2-2 persons)
- Any food service in the train? No food service
- How far is it from Halkalı to Bucharest? 940 km
- How long it takes from Halkalı to Bucharest? 17-19 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? Only at stations where international ticket desk exists
- When can I buy the ticket? 60 days prior to departure
Route map of Bosphor Express (Bucharest Istanbul train)
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. Shows route roughly. The Pehlivankoy-Kapikule stretch seen on territory of Greece had changed. The new rail connection is going through Turkish territory, going towards north from Pehlivankoy via Edirne to Kapikule.
- Train passes through Kapikule/Svilengrad and Ruse/Giurgiu border crossings.
- Bucharest wagons carried by Sofia Express between Halkali and Dimitrovgrad. Then wagons are carried by another train between Dimitrovgrad and Bucharest.
- Check Balkan Flexipass if you are going to travel in Balkan countries by rail.
Cover photo: Onur Uysal