Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of international train running between Halkalı and Belgrade:
Belgrade Istanbul train travel info
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? TCDD electric loco + passenger coaches
- What options I have? Couchette (4 persons)
- Any food service in the train? No food service
- How far is it from Halkalı to Belgrade? 1050 km
- How long it takes from Halkalı to Belgrade? 18-19 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? Only at stations where international ticket desk exists
- When can I buy the ticket? 60 days prior to departure
Route map of Belgrade Istanbul train
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. Shows route roughly. The Pehlivankoy-Kapikule stretch seen on territory of Greece had changed. The new rail connection is going through Turkish territory, going towards north from Pehlivankoy via Edirne to Kapikule.
- Train passes through Kapikule/Svilengrad and Kalotina/Gradina border crossings.
- Belgrade wagon is carried by Sofia Express between Halkali and Sofia. Then wagon is carried by another train between Sofia and Belgrade. Connection did not work well in 2017 and service ended before the date announced.
- Check Balkan Flexipass if you are going to travel in Balkan countries by rail.
Cover photo: Onur Uysal