Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of main line train running between Ankara and Tatvan:
This train restarted to depart from Ankara main train station again. Departure time is 10:55.
Vangolu Express (Ankara Tatvan train) travel info
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? TCDD diesel loco + passenger coaches
- What options I have? Coach car (2+1) + couchette (4 persons) + sleeper (2 persons)
- Any food service in the train? Restaurant car
- How far is it from Ankara to Tatvan? 1245 km
- How long it takes from Ankara to Tatvan? One day
- How can I buy the ticket? All sales channels (Internet, mobile applications, call center, stations and authorized tourism agencies)
- When can I buy the ticket? 30 days prior to departure
Route map of Vangolu Express (Ankara Tatvan train)
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. There may be some changes on route.
- Ankara Station is main station for eastbound trains. But stations is temporarily unavailable to all trains except high speed trains. There’s bus connection to Irmak Station for all eastbound trains (click for details).
- It’s not easy to find sleeper/couchette at Vangolu Express. It’s better buying the ticket as soon as they are on sale (30 days before departure).
- Tatvan is the closest station to Akhtamar Church. You can get to Akhtamar by bus + boat.
- Read public transport alternative to Ankara train station at How to get to high speed train station at Ankara?.
Cover photo: Jeff Hawken