Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of international train running between Ankara and Tehran:
Route map of Transasia Express (Ankara Tehran train)
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. There may be some changes on route.
- Border crossing at Kapikoy/Razi
- One alternative of travelling to Tehran is using Vangolu Express to Tatvan Station, travelling to Van by bus, travelling to Tabriz by bus or to border and then to Tabriz by taxi, then travelling to Tehran by train. Please note that timing, language and personal security is at your own risk.
- Another alternative of travelling to Tehran is using Dogu Express to Kars, travelling to Dogu Beyazit by bus/taxi, travelling to Tabriz by bus or to border by taxi and to an Iran city (Salmas, Jolfa, Tabriz) by taxi, and then travelling to Tehran by train. Please note that timing, language and personal security is at your own risk. An option may be private tour by Orient Bahn Reisen, which organizes all transfers and tickets following this route (see details).
- The closest station that has train service to Tehran is Salmas. Departure frequency is low. For train details and online train tickets in Iran, visit iranrail.net
Cover photo: courtesy of Brownbook magazine and Ayla Hibri