Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of international train running between Halkalı and Sofia:
Sofia Express (Istanbul Sofia train) travel info
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? TCDD electric loco + passenger coaches
- What options I have? Couchette (4 persons) + sleeper (2 persons)
- Any food service in the train? No food service
- How far is it from Halkalı to Sofia? 560 km
- How long it takes from Halkalı to Sofia? 9 hours
- How can I buy the ticket? Only at stations where international ticket desk exists
- When can I buy the ticket? 60 days prior to departure
Route map of Sofia Express (Istanbul Sofia train)
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. Shows route roughly. The Pehlivankoy-Kapikule stretch seen on territory of Greece had changed. The new rail connection is going through Turkish territory, going towards north from Pehlivankoy via Edirne to Kapikule.
Suggestions, testimonials and travel stories
- Bus connections ended in February 2017 and direct train service started.
- Train passes through Kapikule/Svilengrad border crossing.
- Check Balkan Flexipass if you are going to travel in Balkan countries by rail.
Cover photo: Onur Uysal