Route map, train timetable, main stations and ticket options of main line train running between Ankara and Kars:
Dogu Express (Ankara Kars train) travel info
- What kind of a train I’m going to travel with? TCDD diesel loco + passenger coaches
- What options I have? Coach car (2+1) + couchette (4 persons) + sleeper (2 persons)
- Any food service in the train? Restaurant car
- How far is it from Ankara to Kars? 1310 km
- How long it takes from Ankara to Kars? One day
- How can I buy the ticket? All sales channels (Internet, mobile applications, call center, stations and authorized tourism agencies)
- When can I buy the ticket? 30 days prior to departure
Route map of Dogu Express (Ankara Kars train)
* Based on route data provided by EcoTransITWorld. There may be some changes on route.
- Ankara Station is main station for eastbound trains. But stations is temporarily unavailable to all trains except high speed trains. There’s bus connection to Irmak Station for all eastbound trains (click for details).
- Dogu Express is the most popular train in Turkey, thus followed by tour operators. Sleepers and couchettes are sold out very fast. How to find ticket for Dogu Express sleeper?
- You should visit Ani ruins when you are at Kars.
- Dogu Express passengers’ recommendation “cag kebab service to train” is done at this station. You need to give order beforehand. Many like and many not. Note that it’s not served hot as in a restaurant.
- Read public transport alternative to Ankara train station at How to get to high speed train station at Ankara?.
Cover photo: Onur Uysal